All National Grid residential customers are protected from utility shutoff due to the pandemic, but this protection will expire at the end of September unless you are enrolled in low-income discount rates.
If you are enrolled in discount rates, you are protected from shutoff until April 2021. You may be newly eligible for this rate if you have lost earnings due to COVID-19, even if you have never heard of discount rates before.
You may be eligible for discount rates and protection from utility shutoffs if you receive or qualify for any of the following:
- Food Stamps/Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Fuel Assistance/Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) from the Social Security Administration
- Rhode Island Works Program (formerly the Family Independence Program)
- General Public Assistance
To sign up online, go to https://www.nationalgridus.com/Discount-Rate-Application-RI.
For more information, please see the flyer below from the George Wiley Center or contact them at (401) 728-5555 and firstname.lastname@example.org.